Transform Your Butt in Just 15 Minutes
No time for a long workout during your busy day? Anyone can spare 15 minutes| and this workout requires no equipment so you can do it anywhere. The challenge here is to complete all five exercises| at one minute each| with no rest in between. Just move from one booty-burning exercise to another| and repeat this five-move circuit three times through. If your tush is not on fire by the end of the 15 minutes| you have buns of steel!
| Squat With Side Kick
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width distance apart| feet parallel. Hold your hands out in front of you for balance. Bend your knees| lowering your hips deeply into a squat| keeping weight back in your heels.
- Then rise back up| straightening the legs completely and lifting the right leg out to the side| squeezing the outer glute.
- As you step the foot back into shoulder-width distance position| squat down again. Then stand up and do a side leg lift on the left side. Lower the leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat this pattern for one minute.
| Leg Balance Warrior 3
- Stand on your left foot with your right leg lifted to 90 degrees and your right knee bent.
- Lean your torso forward as you lengthen your right leg behind you. Reach your arms overhead for balance as your torso and leg come parallel to the floor. Keep your left knee slightly bent.
- Hold this position for a moment| and reach through your right heel to engage the back of the right leg.
- Bring your right leg forward| and return to standing upright. This completes one rep.
- Do as many reps on this side for 30 seconds| than do 30 more seconds on the left side.
| Single-Leg Bridge
- Lie on your back| with the knees bent| and place your hands on the floor for stability. Extend the left leg out.
- Pressing your right heel into the floor| lift your pelvis up| keeping your body in a stiff bridge position.
- Slowly lower your body to the floor. This completes one rep.
- Repeat with one leg for 30 seconds| then switch sides and perform reps on your other leg for an additional 30 seconds.
- Lie face down on your stomach with arms and legs extended. Keep your neck in a neutral position.
- With your arms and legs straight (but not locked) and torso stationary| simultaneously lift your arms and legs up toward the ceiling to form an elongated “”u”” shape with your body u2014 your back arches and arms and legs lift several inches off the floor.
- Hold for two to five seconds and lower back down to complete one rep.
- Do as many reps as you can for one minute.
| Elbow Plank With Donkey Kick
- Begin in an elbow plank with elbows directly under the shoulders and your abs engaged toward the spine. Don’t let the pelvis sag down or pop up.
- Lift your left leg off the ground| bending your knee so the sole of your foot is facing the ceiling. Keep your pelvis square to the floor u2014 don’t let your pelvis twist.
- Pulse the left heel toward the ceiling for 10 seconds| then switch legs and repeat for another 10 seconds. This counts as one set.
- Complete two more sets for a total of 60 seconds.