Start Now! 6-Pose Yoga Sequence to Tone Your Arms by Summer
Bored with your usual dumbbell routine? Then hop on a yoga mat and do these six basic yet effective yoga poses. They’ll target your arms and upper back, and for an added bonus, they’ll also work your core, leaving you strong and sculpted. Flow through all six poses on the right side (holding each for five breaths) and then repeat on the left. Want more? Repeat this short sequence once or twice to really work the upper body.
| Downward Facing Dog
- Stand on your hands and feet, with arms and legs straight, in an upside-down V position. Hold Downward Facing Dog for five breaths.
| Three-Legged Dog
- Keeping your shoulders parallel with the ground, lift your right leg into the air, coming into Three-Legged Dog.
- Hold here for five breaths.
| Knee Up Plank
- Move into the Plank position (top of a push-up). Hold for five breaths while drawing your navel up.
- Keeping your shoulders above your wrists