3 Moves to Lift Your Booty Like a VMAs Star
Last night at the 2014 MTV VMAs| we were experiencing some serious backside envy! Between Iggy Azalea| Nicki Minaj| Jennifer Lopez| and Beyoncu00e9| there was a whole lot of booty going on. Drop it low to lift things up with these three exercises that can help you achieve that lifted derriu00e8re like these first ladies of pop.
| Basic Squats
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold your hands comfortably in front of your chest to help you stay balanced| and bend your knees| lowering your hips deeply| so your thighs are parallel with the floor. Make sure to keep your weight back in your heels.
- Rise back up| straightening the legs completely and squeezing the glutes at the top of the movement to get the most out of the exercise. This counts as one rep.
- Do two to three sets of 15 squats.
| Bent-Knee Donkey Kick
- Start on all fours| with your hands directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips.
- Keep your right knee at a 90-degree angle as you slowly raise your leg behind you until your thigh is almost parallel to the floor. Pulse your flexed foot toward the ceiling by squeezing your glutes. Your back should remain perfectly still in a neutral spine. The motion should be small and controlled with the muscle doing the work and not momentum.
- Return to start position to complete one rep. Do 20 on each side| two to three times.
| Single-Leg Bridge Kicks
- Lie on your back| and place your hands on the floor for stability as you bend one leg and lift the other leg off the ground.
- Pressing your heel into the floor| lift your pelvis up| keeping your body in a stiff bridge position.
- Slowly lower your body to the floor and repeat three sets of 15 reps on each side.