The Busy-Woman’s Workout
Make it quick. Make it efficient. Make it excuse-proof. Done| done| and done! This workout is about 20 minutes long| but it leaves no muscle unworked. Plus| with no equipment needed| you really have no excuses.
Directions: Warm up with five minutes of light cardio| then perform this five-exercise circuit three times. Cool down with three minutes of stretching.
| Burpee With Push-Up
- Jump straight up| getting as much height as you can.
- Land softly| and lower into a crouching squat with your hands on the floor.
- Jump your feet back into a plank position.
- Do one basic push-up| bending the elbows and then your straightening your arms back to plank.
- Jump the feet forward to the hands| and come into a squat and prepare to jump up u2014 this completes one rep.
| Bridge With Kick
Reps: 10 each side
- Starting in a bridge position with your hands by your sides.
- Lift your left foot off the floor| straightening your knee but keeping your thighs parallel.
- Kick your left leg up| so the sole of your flexed foot is toward the ceiling.
- Without letting the pelvis drop| slowly lower your left leg so your thighs are even. This completes one rep.
| Elbow Plank With Leg Lift
Reps: 20| alternating sides
- In an elbow plank| lift your left foot off the floor| keeping your pelvis parallel to the floor. Hold for three seconds| then lower the leg. This completes one rep. Repeat on the other side.
- Stand with your hands behind your head with your elbows wide| and bring your right knee to the ground.
- Bring your left knee down so you are kneeling.
- Lift your right foot up and place it in front of you. Bring the left foot forward to stand up
- This completes one rep. Start the next by bringing your left knee to the floor.
| Tabletop Reach
Reps: 12| alternating sides
- Begin in a strong tabletop position| with your hands under your shoulders| your knees over your ankles| and fingers pointed away from you.
- Lift your left leg up and reach your right hand toward your left toes. Return your hand and foot to floor| lifting the pelvis back to tabletop by squeezing the glutes. This completes one rep. Switch sides for the next rep.