The Busy-Woman’s Workout
Make it quick. Make it efficient. Make it excuse-proof. Done, done, and done! This workout is about 20 minutes long, but it leaves no muscle unworked. Plus, with no equipment needed, you really have no excuses.
Directions: Warm up with five minutes of light cardio, then perform this five-exercise circuit three times. Cool down with three minutes of stretching.
| Burpee With Push-Up
- Jump straight up, getting as much height as you can.
- Land softly, and lower into a crouching squat with your hands on the floor.
- Jump your feet back into a plank position.
- Do one basic push-up, bending the elbows and then your straightening your arms back to plank.
- Jump the feet forward to the hands, and come into a squat and prepare to jump up u2014 this completes one rep.
| Bridge With Kick
Reps: 10 each side
- Starting in a bridge position with your hands by your sides.
- Lift your left foot off the floor, straightening your knee but keeping your thighs parallel.
- Kick your left leg up, so the sole of your flexed foot is toward the ceiling.
- Without letting the pelvis drop, slowly lower your left leg so your thighs are even. This completes one rep.
| Elbow Plank With Leg Lift
Reps: 20, alternating sides
- In an elbow plank, lift your left foot off the floor, keeping your pelvis parallel to the floor. Hold for three seconds, then lower the leg. This completes one rep. Repeat on the other side.
- Stand with your hands behind your head with your elbows wide, and bring your right knee to the ground.
- Bring your left knee down so you are kneeling.
- Lift your right foot up and place it in front of you. Bring the left foot forward to stand up
- This completes one rep. Start the next by bringing your left knee to the floor.
| Tabletop Reach
Reps: 12, alternating sides
- Begin in a strong tabletop position, with your hands under your shoulders, your knees over your ankles, and fingers pointed away from you.
- Lift your left leg up and reach your right hand toward your left toes. Return your hand and foot to floor, lifting the pelvis back to tabletop by squeezing the glutes. This completes one rep. Switch sides for the next rep.