Get Enough Protein! 7 Nights of High-Protein Vegetarian Dinners
“How do you get enough protein?”” Good luck finding a vegetarian who’s never heard that before. If you want to answer this question without saying a word| share this post. It maps out a weekly dinner plan complete with seven delicious and satisfying high-protein dinners u2014 all offering around 20 grams of protein that include these vegetarian sources.
| Monday: Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burrito
It’s packed with black beans| and you could increase the amount of protein by adding cheese or tempeh.
- Calories: 471
- Protein: 13.7 grams
- Calories: 3 ounces plain nonfat Greek yogurt (50)| 1 tablespoon salsa (8) = 58
- Protein: 9 grams| 0.3 grams = 9.3 grams
- Total Calories: 529
- Total Protein: 23 grams
| Tuesday: Millet| Lentil| and Pomegranate Salad
A not-so-common grain| millet has a soft consistency and nutty flavor| and when paired with high-protein lentils| it offers non-meat-eaters a delicious complete protein.
- Calories: 466
- Protein: 19.3 grams
| Wednesday: Red| White| Bean| and Basil Frittata
Eggs offer a quick protein source| and the beans add even more!
- Calories: 378 (two pieces)
- Protein: 27.4 grams
| Thursday: Sautu00e9ed Tofu on Green Salad
Choose superfirm tofu over firm; because it’s denser| it offers more protein per bite. Marinate| sautu00e9| and top it on a fresh green salad with a variety of your favorite veggies.
- Calories: 125 (half the container)
- Protein: 13.8 grams
- Calories: 2 cups spinach (14)| 1/2 cup grated carrots (23)| 1/2 cup cucumber slices (8)| 6 cherry tomatoes (18)| 1/4 avocado (80)| 1/4 cup chickpeas (53)| 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds (47)| 2 tablespoons Annie’s Gingerly Vinaigrette (40) = 283
- Protein: 1.7 grams| 0.5 grams| 0.3 grams| 0.9 grams| 1 gram| 3 grams| 1.5 grams| 0 grams = 8.9 grams
- Total Calories: 408
- Total Protein: 22.7
Photo: Jenny Sugar
| Friday: Mexican Quinoa Bites
Another satisfying complete protein| pairing high-protein quinoa with black beans offers tons of fiber to keep you feeling satisfied all night long.
- Calories: 416 (for four bites)
- Protein: 23.2 grams
| Saturday: Quinoa Basil Pizza
Even if you’re not following a gluten-free diet| this quinoa crust is a nutritious| high-protein option for vegans or vegetarians since it’s made with whole-grain quinoa.
- Calories: 298 (1/3 of the crust)
- Protein: 11.4 grams
- Calories: 1/4 cup tomato sauce (23)| 1/2 Roma tomato (6)| 3 strips yellow pepper (4)| 1 ounce mozzarella cheese (72) = 105
- Protein: 1 gram| 0.3 grams| 0.2 grams| 6.9 grams = 8.4 grams
- Total Calories: 403
- Total Protein: 19.8 grams
| Sunday: Split Pea and Sweet Potato Soup
Split peas are one of the best sources of protein| and because they also offer fiber| this recipe is (soup)er filling.
- Calories: 254
- Protein: 19.3 grams