At-Home Fat-Blasting Cardio
Finally! A killer cardio workout you can do in your living room. Part of our No-Excuses Workout Challenge| this is cardio you can do anywhere. It’s perfect for torching calories without having to go for a run.
Here’s the workout to follow! But do scroll down further for detailed explanations of each exercise.
“|”id”:37813689|”type”:”image”|”thumbnail”:”Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography
“”|””large_link””:”” Cross Jack
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart| and extend your arms straight out to either side with palms facing down.
- Jump and cross your right arm over your left and your right foot over your left. Jump your legs to the sides and open your arms| then cross with the opposite arm and foot.
| Alternating Back Lunge
- Stand with your feet in parallel and arms by your sides. Take a large step backward with your right leg coming into a lunge| with both knees bent to 90 degrees| while lifting your arms to shoulder height and pulling your elbows back.
- Your front knee should not go beyond your toes.
- Push your left heel into the ground as you step your right foot back to parallel. Then repeat stepping back with the left leg.
- Bouncing off the balls of your feet| jump your feet wide.
- Hop back to center on your left foot| then jump your feet wide.
- Hop back to center on your right foot| and continue alternating in this pattern.
| Windmill Lunge
- Step out to the right with your right leg coming into a narrow side lunge.
- Twist your torso to the right| bringing your left hand to your right foot.
- Push off your right foot to return to standing upright| then repeat twisting to the other side.
- Start in a plank position.
- Jump your feet lightly toward your hands| bringing your knees to just above your elbows. Pull your navel to your spine to engage your abs.
- Jump your feet back to plank position| landing as softly as possible.
| Knees and Toes
- Start with two high knees| bringing your right knee to your left hand| then your left knee to your right hand.
- Now rotate your right knee slightly outward to bring your right ankle to your left hand| then your left ankle to your right hand.
- Continue in this alternating pattern.
| Under the Fence
- Start standing on the right edge with your weight on your right foot. Take a large step to the left with your left foot| crouching as if you are going under a bar that is waist high.
- Transfer your weight onto your left foot as you move sideways| and come to standing on your left leg at the left side of your mat.
- Reverse directions| moving back to the right.
| Plank Jack
- Start in a plank position with your feet almost touching.
- Keeping your torso as level as possible| jump your feet wide like a jumping jack. Then jump your legs back together.
- Continue repeating this pattern.
| Walking Hamstring
- Standing on your left leg| as you step onto your right heel with a flexed foot| reach your right hand down to touch your right toes. This will give you an active stretch for the back of your right leg.
- Step onto your right foot| and come to standing. Repeat on the other side| and continue in this walking pattern.
| Power Skip
- Step onto your right foot and hop into the air| raising your left knee and punching your right arm into the air.
- Land on your right foot| then step onto your left to hop| bringing your right knee up and punching with your left arm. Continue skipping in this pattern.
- This is a slow| kind of lumbering skip| to really focus on hopping off and landing on the same foot.