Banish Your Belly Pooch With 3 Ab-Sculpting Moves
Crop top and bikini season is nearly upon us! You can’t spot reduce belly fat| but strengthening and sculpting the muscles underneath will only help you feel more confident in your skimpy styles. Add these three effective moves to your strength-training routine for big results. And you’ll be glad to know there’s no equipment necessary whatsoever.
| Double Crunch
- Lie on your back on the floor| raising your arms and legs to a 90-degree angle.
- Engage your abs to lift both your shoulders and pelvis off the ground. Touch your fingers to your toes.
- Keeping your core engaged the entire time| slowly lower them back to the starting position to complete one rep.
| Lower Trunk Twist
- Lying on your back| extend your arms out to your side as an anchor. Bring your knees up to a 90-degree angle.
- Starting the movement from your core| rotate your knees to the left| stopping just before they touch the floor. Slowly bring legs back to center| then lower the legs rotating to the right. This completes one rep.
| Tabletop Lift
- Start in a tabletop position. Your hands should be directly underneath your shoulders and your ankles underneath your knees.
- On an exhale| lower your hips and straighten your legs so your hips are hovering above the floor. As you lower your hips| your heels will rest on the ground. Flex your toes up toward the ceiling in order to engage your legs.
- Hold for a complete breath| then inhale and push yourself back into first tabletop position. This counts as one rep.