A Calorie-Burning Workout For People Who Hate to Run
It’s a cardio day in our No-Excuses Workout Challenge| but we have a plan for you. This quick| no-running workout will torch calories and leave you breathing hard u2014u00a0in the best way possible.
Here’s the workout with directions. Keep scrolling for explanations on the moves.
“|”id”:37813650|”type”:”image”|”thumbnail”:”Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography
“”|””large_link””:”” Side Shuffle With High-Knee Hold
- Take small| quick steps to the side. Try to get in as many steps as possible in the width of your mat.
- When you reach the edge of your mat| pause| bringing your inside knee up to waist level. This small pause works your abs and challenges your balance.
| Ali Shuffle
- Keeping your weight on the balls of your feet| scissor your legs front and back.
- This is quick footwork| and it should be light and fast. Pump your arms to keep the speed of the feet up in tempo.
| 180 Jump Squat
- Start in a deep squat| touching the floor with your left hand.
- Jump| turning 180 degrees to the left| landing softly in a deep squat with your right fingertips on the floor. Reverse directions| jumping to the right| to return to your starting position.
| Alternating Knee Hug
- Stand tall and alternate pulling one knee at a time to your chest| and hold the hug for a few seconds before switching legs.
- This is an active stretch for your low back.
| Alternating Lunge Jump
- Bounce on the balls of your feet| jumping into a lunge with your left knee forward.
- Jump your feet together and switch sides| bringing the right knee forward.
- Stay light on your feet throughout this exercise.
| Invisible Jump Rope
- Pretend you’re holding a jump rope| and skip the invisible rope. Try different types of footwork throughout the minute. Jump on two feet or alternate hops.
| Arm Circle
- Draw large| slow circles with your arms| reaching high and back to start. Reverse directions after 30 seconds.
| Jab and Bounce
- Bouncing on the balls of your feet| jab to the right and then jab to the left| allowing your feet to swivel as you punch. This is shadow boxing| so throw in some uppercuts if you feel like it.
| Bunny Hop
- In a plank position| jump your feet to the left| bringing your knees toward your left elbow.
- Jump your feet back to plank| and then jump your knees toward your right elbow.
| Kick Crunch
- Exhale to engage the abs as you kick your right leg up| bringing your left hand to your right toes| doing a small crunch.
- Repeat on the other side.