A Quick and Intense 4-Minute Butt Burn
Grab a pair of dumbbells and get ready to work your tush and thighs in four minutes flat. All it takes is these four moves| and you’ll feel the burn instantly. Feeling adventurous? Run through this circuit five times for a solid 20-minute workout!
| Reverse Lunge and Press
- Stand with your feet together| holding the weights at your shoulders with your palms facing out.
- Step your left foot back coming into a reverse lunge| making 90-degree angles with your front and back knee.
- Push off your left foot| bringing your left knee forward so it is even with your left hip while raising your arms above your head. Do this motion with control.
- Without touching the floor with your left foot| step back into the lunge to start your second rep. Complete as many reps as you can for 30 seconds on each side.
| Dumbbell Squat
- Stand with your feet hip-distance apart| holding a dumbbell at each shoulder.
- Slowly bend your knees as if you were going to sit in a chair| keeping all the weight in your heels. Don’t let your knees move beyond your toes| and don’t let the knees roll out or in. Squat down as low as you can| keeping your head and chest lifted| your spine long| and your shoulders relaxed.
- Press through your heels| and slowly straighten your legs to stand up. Make sure to keep your spine neutral. Do not round your back.
- Complete as many as you can for one minute.
| Side-Lunge to Curtsy
- Holding a dumbbell in your right hand| side-lunge to the left| bringing your right hand to your left foot. Lower your butt as much as possible. Keep your toes pointed forward and your left knee bent to no more than 90 degrees.
- Push off gently with your left foot| and come into a curtsy position with your left leg crossing behind your right as you press your weight overhead. Keep your hips square and your curtsy tight. Both feet should be pointed forward. This completes one rep.
- Repeat for 30 seconds on this side then repeat for another 30| lunging to the right side.
| Weighted Donkey Kick
- Start on all fours| and place a dumbbell in the crease of your right knee.
- Keeping your right knee bent at a 90-degree angle and your back straight| lift your right leg up until you feel your right glute engage. Flex your foot| and slowly pulse the foot toward the ceiling by squeezing your glute. Do not move the torso at all u2014 the motion is just in the hip joint.
- Pulse for 30 seconds on each leg to make a total of one minute.