No Equipment, No Excuses: Bodyweight Circuit
Allow us excuse-proof your fitness life with this workout you can do anytime, anywhere. No equipment is needed since the exercises are bodyweight moves. This circuit will work your entire body and should take under 30 minutes.
Directions: Warm up with three minutes of light cardio. Perform each three-exercise circuit twice before moving to the next. Cool down with three minutes of stretching.
Related: Incinerate Fat and Build Muscle With This Kickass Workout
| Circuit One: Squat
- Begin with your feet slightly wider than hip width apart and toes pointed slightly outward. Place your hands behind your head with elbows wide.
- Keeping your weight in your heels, and sit back into your deep squat. Make sure your knees do not go beyond your toes.
- Press through your heels to come to standing to engage your glutes. This completes one rep.
- Do 15 reps.
| Circuit One: Seated Russian Twist
Reps: 30, alternating sides
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels about a foot and a half from your butt.
- Lean slightly back without rounding your spine at all.
- Place your hands behind your head with elbows wide.
- Pull your navel to your spine, and twist slowly to the right. The movement is not large and comes from the ribs rotating. This completes one rep. Inhale through your center and rotate to the left.
- Do 30 rotations, alternating sides.
| Circuit One: Elbow Plank With Leg Lift
Reps: 20, alternating legs
- Start in an elbow plank.
- Keeping your torso stable, lift your right foot off the ground. Lower your right leg. This completes one rep.
- Switch sides and lift the left leg up for a total of 20 reps.
Related: A Short and Sweet 35-Minute Elliptical Interval Workout
| Ciruit Two: Curtsy Squat
Reps: 10, each side
- Start from standing, and step your left leg behind you and to the right so your thighs cross, bending both knees as if you are curtsying.
- Return to standing and repeat.
- Perform 10 reps, then switch sides.
| Ciruit Two: Triceps Dip
- With your hands shoulder width apart on the floor behind you, straighten your elbows to lift your pelvis off the ground.
- Keeping your pelvis high, inhale, and bend your elbows straight behind you.
- Exhale and straighten your arms, working the triceps. This completes one rep. Complete a total of 15 reps.
| Ciruit Two: Squat With Sidekick
Reps: 20, alternating sides
- Start in a deep squat. Place your weight into your left foot as your twist to your right kicking your right leg. Your right knees should face forward not up.
- Lower your leg and return to your deep squat. This completes one rep. Repeat on the other side for a total of 20 kicks.
| Circuit Three: Pilates Roll-Down
Reps: 10, slow and smooth
- Begin seated at the front edge of your mat, with knees bent and legs parallel. Reach your arms toward the ceiling to lengthen your spine.
- Exhale and pull abs deeply toward spine, and begin to roll down the floor one vertebra at a time; the movement should be smooth and controlled. Once your head reaches the mat, reach your arms overhead so they are parallel to the floor.
- Exhale and begin to roll up, peeling your spine off the mat and coming all the way to sitting. Inhale your arms up toward the ceiling. This completes one rep.
| Circuit Three: Leaning Lunge
Reps: 12, each legs
- Start standing at the front of your mat, and take a large step backward with your right foot, bending both knees and coming into a lunge.
- Keeping your left knee bent, lean your torso forward and straighten your right knee. You should feel your left glute engaging.
- Press through your left heel and bring your right foot forward to meet your left, and return to standing upright. This completes one rep.
- Do 12 reps, then switch legs.
| Circuit Three: Negative Push-Up
- Start in a plank position.
- Slowly lower your body to the mat, then squeeze your shoulder blades together, lifting your palms away from the floor.
- Press your palms into the floor, and straighten your elbows, pushing yourself back into the plank. This completes one rep. Do 10 reps total.