The At-Home Workout That Works Your Entire Body in 20 Minutes
This quick| full-body workout will help you stay fit no matter where you are. With no equipment needed to work your entire body| there really are no excuses. Plus| it’s short! This workout| including warmup and cooldown| takes between 20 and 30 minutes. It all depends on how much rest time you take between circuits.
Directions: Warm up with five minutes of light cardio| then perform this five-exercise circuit three times. Cool down with three minutes of stretching.
| Goblet Squat
- Start standing with your feet wider than shoulder width. With your back slightly arched| push your hips back| bend your knees| and lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor and your elbows touch your knees.
- With your weight focused in your heels| push yourself up to the starting position.
- Come into plank position with your arms and legs straight| shoulders above the wrists.
- Bend your elbows out to the sides and lower your chest toward the ground. Stop as soon as your shoulders are in line with your elbows. Exhale feels the abs pull to the spine to help you straighten your arms. This counts as one rep.
- If this is too difficult| do this exercise with your knees on the floor.
| Side Bridge
Reps: 12 each side
- Start lying on your left side with your weight on your elbow. Your legs are almost straight and your feet stacked with the right on top. Inhale to prepare.
- Exhale| pull your abs to your spine| and lift your pelvis off the floor| coming into a side elbow-plank. Really lift your bottom waist up. Pull your shoulder blade down your back so your shoulder stays away from your ear (this will work your lat| too).
- Hold for three seconds. Lower your pelvis back to the floor slowly and with control to complete one rep.
| Gate Swing
- Start with your feet in a wide| second-position stance with your toes pointed slightly outward. Bend your knees and lower into a squat| using your hands to help push your knees wide apart to deepen the inner-thigh stretch.
- Push off your knees to get leverage| and jump your feet together to complete one rep.
| Frog Crunch
- Start on your back with your hands behind your head and your elbows wide. Keeping your heels together and toes pointed out| bring your knees to touch your elbows as you perform a crunch bringing your upper back and head off the floor.
- Keeping your abs engaged and heels together| lengthen your legs away from your center as you lower your head to the floor.
- Draw your legs back into the frog position to complete one full rep. Make sure to pull your navel to your spine throughout this exercise.